Georgia PROPOSED HUNTING REGULATIONS FOR 2013-2015 Seasons
Hunters and other interested citizens are encouraged to review proposed changes to hunting regulations for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 hunting seasons. The public notice and synopsis of proposed rule changes are available on the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division webpage at www.gohuntgeorgia.com/Hunting/ProposedRegulations .
“The purpose of hunting regulations is to manage renewable wildlife resources consistent with the scientific principles of wildlife management while meeting public objectives for wise use of these resources,” said John Bowers, assistant chief of the Game Management Section. “At this point in the process, we are interested in public comments specific to the proposed changes under consideration.”
Interested persons have several ways to comment on the proposed changes. The Wildlife Resources Division has scheduled three public hearings to provide the public an opportunity to share comments on the proposed hunting regulation changes.
All meetings will begin at 7 p.m.
April 23, 2013
· Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, Health Sciences Building, 2802 Moore Highway, Tifton, GA
April 24, 2013
· The Roberts Chapel Auditorium, State Offices South at Tift College, 300 Patrol Road, Forsyth, GA
April 25, 2013
· Amicalola Electric, 544 Highway 15 South, Jasper, GA
Any participant at a meeting may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either orally or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak. Participants must register upon arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement. Those unable to attend a meeting may submit input either electronically or in written statement form. Input must be received by 4:30 p.m. on April 30, 2013.
· Written statements should be mailed to: GA DNR/Wildlife Resources Division/Game Management Section; Attn: John W. Bowers; 2070 U.S. Highway 278, S.E.; Social Circle, Georgia 30025
· Statements may be electronically submitted at: www.georgiawildlife.com/Hunting/SubmitComments
These meeting sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. To request sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids, contact John Bowers at (770) 918-6404 no later than 4:30 p.m. on April 12, 2013.
For more information or to view the proposed regulation changes, visit www.georgiawildlife.com/Hunting/regulations or contact Hunter Services at (770) 761-3045.